Saturday, March 27, 2010

Downtown Denver

Just a light covering of snow (on top of the previous many inches) this morning as we set off for the Denver Art Museum. Katherine and Edward introduced me to the Embrace Exhibition with some great temporary installations. I stood in a room of light magic, admired the ‘word’ art and walked through the bungee room! P1000730

The floor devoted to the American first nation’s people was a learning experience for me –so many different tribes and some beautiful pieces of art including this painted cedar food box. 

P1000736

After lunch the kids made their own art pieces,P1000749 P1000748 I marvelled at a room full of classic American quilts and we walked the wolf trail.   P1000739

On our way home Jim shopped for supplies for the beer he plans to brew this evening and we stopped at a spice store where I had my first taste of freeze dried corn. Elizabeth and Jim have invited friends for supper tonight. As I write this entry Elizabeth is cooking and a wonderful fragrance fills the room and the sun is lighting up the snowscape outside in the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment