Monday, March 22, 2010

London to Chicago …

An early start and Heathrow Terminal 3 was, as always, groaning with trolley pushing people. Babies and senior citizens travelling at ease in their carriages and lots of people making their way home for Passover.

It was good exercise getting to the gate –the travelators were all out of action and AA87 left from the far reaches of the terminal. I was deep into yesterday’s Guardian Review when they called my name to hand me an upgrade to first class. Oh the blessings of a full flight, no doubt because of the BA strike.

So I turned left inside the door of the plane to 1D, some excellent service, freshly cooked food and a seat that turned into a very comfy bed. No Ringo Starr or Tom Jones on my flight but I’ve started making my way thro’ this years films that I haven’t got around to seeing and had a welcome sleep. An unexpected treat at the start my trip.

US Immigration authorities now have my fingerprints and stamped me thro’ after an extended conversation about why I had two Iranian visa’s in my passport!

I’m writing this in a sunny and peaceful spot overlooking the runway at Chicago O’Hare. My flight to Rochester is in 3 hours and my aim is to stay awake until its bedtime at Mattie and Mike’s.

1 comment:

  1. Upgrade to 1st class, wow that's the best start to a trip. All the best with your travels. regards Simon Taylor

    ReplyDelete