Sunday, April 04, 2010

Friday and Saturday in and around Orinda

The weather forecast was spot on –it rained all day Friday so reluctantly I did some work! Just a gentle reminder about the sessions I am involved in at the All Together Better Health Conference next week. Kirsten (my sister-in law’s sister in law) invited us to dinner –  artichokes and a wonderful chocolate tort were part of the menu and we heard all about her camping trip to Death Valley. Her home has many reminders of her and Kris’s Danish family.

Today the morning clouds were light so after breakfast eggs (fresh from the coop) cooked by Kris, Pauline and I set off for the Filoli Gardens, about 30 miles south of SF. Now owned by the National Trust for Historic Preservations, the house and 645 estate were constructed in 1915. The formal garden (16 acres) is a stunning collection of garden rooms between 2 parallel walks. In the spring sunshine the tulips, camellias, forget-me-nots were at their very best. A wonderful way to end my stay in California.

 P1000915 P1000942

 

 

 

 

P1000917

My flight to Sydney leaves at 22 40 and I am hoping for some sleep as I skip Sunday: arrival time is 6 20, Monday morning.  I’ve had a wonderful time with Pauline and Kris –thank you both for your hospitality and many congratulations on your 40th wedding anniversary tomorrow. Pauline, a special thank you for giving up so much of your time to show me around, for introducing me to many of your friends and recommending lots of good reading for the coming months.

No comments:

Post a Comment