Saturday, May 01, 2010

Dinner at the Boat Shed

Helped by the satnav I found the Boat Shed tonight –a Nelson institution, according to the Lonely Planet’s Guide to eating in this compact city. Rather nice and rather posh –roses, candles and Late Junction music, and willing to give a table to this tired, shabby and hungry person. The whitebait and snapper were perfectly cooked by the on-view chefs who only had to ring the servery bell once for staff to rush for the dish, so it was not only fresh but hot and stayed hot. My people watching was in full swing. It was good to see another woman in trainers given that stiletto's seemed to be de rigueur. One thing you can’t order for one is a pannacotta and two spoons so I had to eat it all. I know its obvious but …

I walked back to the car along the quayside –can’t wait to see it all in daylight. I plan to join the locals at the Sunday market for breakfast and a look at some local art & crafts. Hopefully I’ll find out where to buy some easy to prepare food for the next 3 days –a picnic lunch on the beach appeals. Now a different bed again …

No comments:

Post a Comment